FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE AND TECHNOLOGY IN LIVESTOCK
Dean of the Faculty
PhD in Veterinary Medicine, Associate Professor
The history of the Faculty began on August 9, 1920, when the Resolution on the division of the Faculty of Agriculture at Kamianets-Podilskyi State Ukrainian University into four departments and eight sections was adopted, according to which the Department of Animal Husbandry was established. In August 1955, the Zootechnical Faculty of Kamianets-Podilskyi Agricultural Institute was established.
In 1979 the Veterinary Department was founded on the basis of the Faculty. Thus, the history of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine dates back to 1983.
In October 2016, based on the Decision of the Academic Council of the University, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Technology in Livestock was organized by merging two faculties, namely the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and the Faculty of Livestock Production and Processing
Technologies of Animal Products.
There are five departments on the faculty:
- Department of Normal and Pathological Morphology and Physiology;
- Department of Veterinary Obstetrics, Internal Pathology and Surgery;
- Department of Infectious and Invasive Diseases;
- Department of Animal Hygiene and Veterinary Support of the Cynological Service of the National Police of Ukraine;
- Department of Technologies of Livestock Production and Cynology.
A separate complex of veterinary clinics' educational buildings and anatomical, pathological, and zoological museums are at the applicants' service. The educational and research activity of the Faculty is held at the laboratories, training clinics for agricultural and small animals, Faculty branches in production, a botanical garden, an educational apiary, and a garden of medicinal plants.
The Faculty trains specialists in the following specialties:
- 211 «Veterinary Medicine»
The Educational and Professional Program «Veterinary Medicine» for training the applicants for the higher education of the second (Master) and third (Educational and Research) levels of higher education
- 204 «Livestock Production and Processing Technologies of Animal Products»The Educational and Professional Programs «Livestock Production and Processing Technologies of Animal Products» and «Cynology» for training the applicants for the higher education of the first (Bachelor), second (Master) and third (Educational and Research) levels of higher education.
In 2019, the training of veterinarians for the National Police Service of Ukraine was started.
of veterinarians for the Bachelor's and Master's degrees for the National Police Service of Ukraine was started.