Подільський державний аграрно-технічний університет

History

The origin of the State Agrarian and Engineering University in Podilia dates back to 1919, to the creation of the Agricultural Faculty affiliated to Kamianets-Podilskyi State Ukrainian University. Agricultural Faculty was reorganized into Kamianets-Podilskyi Agricultural Institute in 1921. The Institute of Technical Crops and Zootechnical Institute were created in 1930 on the base of Kamianets-Podilskyi Agricultural Institute, the former was functioning for 63 years till 1993 and Zootechnical Institute was established before 1935. Kamianets-Podilskyi Agricultural Institute was renewed in 1954.The Institute had two faculties: Agricultural and Zootechnical. Postgraduate School was established at the Institute in 1963. Khmelnytskyi Regional Zonal Agronomic Laboratory was established at the Institute in 1964 (it has been acting separately since 1971). The Faculty of Agricultural Mechanization (The Institute of Mechanization and Electrification in Agriculture) and the Faculty of Advanced Training (The Institute of Postgraduate Education and Advisory) were formed in 1966. Preparatory department had been functioning from 1970 to 1992. Specialized Academic Council on Theses Defense on "General Agriculture" and "Horticulture" specialties started to operate at the Institute in 1972. The Scientific and Research Laboratory of Buckwheat was created the same year. The Faculty of Economics was established in 1974. The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine was established in 1983. The Department of Social Studies and Humanities and the Laboratory of Genetics and Adaptive Soybeans Selection started functioning in 1990. Faculty of Military Engineering was formed in 1993. Kamianets-Podilskyi Agricultural Institute was reorganized into Kamianets-Podilskyi Agricultural and Engineering Academy in 1995. City Botanic Garden was joined to the Academy in 1996. Kamianets-Podilskyi Agricultural Technical School was affiliated with the Academy in 1997. Military Engineering Department was transformed into the Military Engineering Institute on the base of Kamianets-Podilskyi Agricultural and Engineering Academy in 1998. Kamianets-Podilskyi Agricultural and Engineering Academy was reorganized into State Agrarian and Engineering University in Podilia in 2004. During the next years the University has been undergoing dynamic changes, developing and widening its activities and premises.